Thursday, May 24, 2018

Final Thoughts

The internship program has given me the opportunity to experience the medical field up close and understand the reality behind it. As a high school senior, it is a bit nerve-wracking choosing a career that is going to stick with me for my entire life. Going into this program, I knew that I wanted to study surgery, but this experience allowed me to feel confident in my decision and excited to begin a career I feel so passionately about. 

During my time at AFC Urgent Care, I have been able to network with many medical assistants, doctors, and anyone else who was willing to help me reach my goal of becoming a surgeon. This truly was a wonderful experience and I am forever grateful for the opportunity. 


A few weeks after starting my first internship, I started my second internship with Mrs. Vaccaro in Becton's Media Center. I organized magazines, filed paperwork, and assisted students and teachers with printing and using the software. Overall, I gained valuable organizational, communication, and business skills.


My overall internship experience was one that I will look back at and smile at all the amazing people I got to work with and make memories with. I am proud to announce that I will be attending Bergen Community College Majoring in Biology. Thank you everyone!